Oz Marina 2010
- I have just bought a reasonable condition, very original 169,000 km (first registered in 1975) Super Deluxe 1750 cc Sedan.
- It is a sort of pea-green with beige vinyl interior (in very good condition)
- It was owned up until yesterday by a friend's parents, from new, and obsessively maintained, and always garaged.
- (I have the full service history AND petrol log.)
- It has suffered understandable deterioration in a few areas - leading to some for the following questions.
- I have had a bit of time to get to know it as I drove it from Wagga Wagga to Melbourne yesterday and took it out into the hills for a while today.
- 1 - any idea were I could get a windscreen from? I will need one to get through the rego, before the end of June. This one has some significant stone chips and will not get through Victorian rego as is.
- Contact the Victorian P76 Club for information
- 2 - Any idea what the colour is called? (Pic attached)
- The colour is Spanish Olive (a light green)
- 3 - I think the diff may be whining - any idea where to get a 'new' one?
- 4 - I suspect the suspension needs a complete overhall, one of the wheels is slightly bent and the tyres are dangerously non-sticky. The car floats about like a river boat, especially once it has got up to about 100kph.
- 5 - I'd like to raise the wheel size to 14" - is there a standard technical way of referring to the hub/stud pattern and size so that when I ring wheel/tyre people they know what I am talking about?
- 6 - Synchro on 3rd is a bit dodgy, especially before the gearbox warms up. Is this normal or something I should try to fix?
- Many thanks - hope I am not intruding - I understand that Marina owners like to share the pain, so I thought I'd get in touch.
- For all the other problem may I suggest you join the local State Leyland P76 club