Oz Marina 2010
1973 Marina Super
28th July, 2011
- 1973 Leyland Marina 1750 Super
- Rescued from a shed about 18 months ago, this 1750 is in excellent condition.
- - Head overhauled (blasted; valves and shims overhauled; repainted) - see OZ Marina "Tony Canberra" for pictures of the recommissioning.
- - Interior excellent; even the back of the rear seat isn't cracked! The carpet isn't perfect though.
- - New tyres all round
- - Fresh Repco battery
- - Drives very well
- Currently has rough running when cold - Vacuum prob?
- No proof at all, but suspect the 39,000 miles may be the actual mileage
- A few bumps and scratches here and there, but otherwise a VERY sound example.
- Not after silly money - a couple of grand-ish would be fine - and happy to talk.
- We're slimming down the fleet to make way for a brand new car and plans for a house!
- Rego expired but not long enough ago that I can't just make a call and have a few months put on it. Such is the A.C.T. rego system!
- Tony Newell
- 0422 960 242
- Hello All,
- With the uncontrollable enthusiasm of an expectant father, I must share with you all some photos of my 1973 Marina Super which is about to be re-registered after a 24 year lay-off.
- I bought the car in January this year and have changed the head gasket whilst getting the head rebuilt by a local engine-shop.
- I've had to do a range of little jobs and the costs have steadily and sneakily crept up but the satisfaction is immense.
- Hearing it running for the first time yesterday was worth more than the price of admission!
- Anyway, thanks for listening/looking! Hope you're all getting as much joy out of your cars!